background

Saturday, November 20, 2010

Shrimp Creole

Wow! It has been FOREVER since I've updated my blog! We have been so busy through October and November getting things in line for the holidays I have just not had time.

Let me share with you my recent purchase.
You could have guessed it was a Willow House product! These sweet tidbits are "technically" tea cups, but I'm going to use them to hold toothpicks/sweet-n-low etc. They match my cinnabar tidbits and accent plates! So exciting!!

Recently (well for a while now) Chris has been asking me to make shrimp creole. I must admit it sounded a little intimidating but after looking at a few recipes I decided I could take it on.



It turned out GREAT! All you do is saute the onions and bell pepper, add tomatoes, okra and creole or Cajun seasoning. Let heat through for about 20 or 30 minutes then add shrimp at the end until they turn pink(about 8 min)! I was afraid it would be a little bland so I added a bit too much creole seasoning and it was SPICY! We served this with white rice and a greek salad! YUM!

A few weeks ago I attempted an artichoke spinach lasagna. I only have the picture of it before it went in the oven, but it turned out super good too...email me if you'd like the recipe!



Every second Thursday of each month my girlfriends and I get together for dinner. We've recently started switching off houses instead of going to restaurants. I of course made a dish I knew everyone would love.


Margherita PIZZA! I must say I think these might be my prettiest ones yet! One of my favorite things about entertaining is setting the table. Weird I know but I like the way it looks with multiple dishes and glasses etc.

Simplicity is elegance!

Amy brought an amazing salad! I did not last long at a dinner full of girls. I enjoyed it so much I got the recipe from her and made it the next night!



It's lettuce, Mandarin oranges, black olives, almonds, avocado and a homemade dressing (oil, vinegar, salt, sugar) TOTAL BLISS!!!

Tomorrow I'm attempting to bake (for Thanksgiving) apple butter banana bread, apricot pecan white chocolate bread, a bday cake for my mom.....and....onion gravy pork chops! BRING IT ON! haha but many pictures to come!

I can't wait for Thanksgiving!!!

Much Love!
WB

No comments:

Post a Comment