background

Saturday, April 9, 2011

Cookies on the Go

Recently we got invited for dinner and drinks at the last minute. I knew we needed to bring something for dessert but what?...and only and hour to decide and prepare! I've REALLY become addicted to Whole Food's fruity oatmeal cookies so I decided to try a simple version.

All you need is a Betty Crocker Oatmeal cookie mix (and ingredients it requires) and then add your favorite things.


My first try was white chocolate, cranberries and coconut...they turned out GREAT and only require a maximum of 13 minutes to bake....so EASY!


This week I tried them with dried strawberries, white chocolate, pecans and coconut...might be my favorite yet!




I forgot to take a picture when they were done but trust me, they will be completely gone by the end of the night...and soooooo easy!

I have to give a shout out to my girls. Leanna, Ash and Kim ran a half marathon two weeks ago and I was lucky enough to see them cross the finish line. In fact...I was SO excited I forgot to take a picture! :(


I was sooooo proud of them, I must have told them about 12390821903 times and sent them all a text message afterward! A true inspiration!



Chris and I had our first weekend off together (with no plans) since February. So we tried to not plan a bunch of stuff and just run around and relax. We went to eat Saturday morning at the Original Pancake House (Yum!) and Sunday we FINALLY put together "Man present #2".....the smoker. Thankfully it was not near the project the grill was.




He' so CUTE!

I FINALLY got my champagne flutes. After a long search I settled on some stemless ones from Pier One. I was looking for extra long stemmed ones...but I couldn't find ANY that were just plain glass (no colors, design, etc...). I must say I am stoked to use these at our next brunch or dinner...I've been looking up so many fun cocktail recipes!



Hope everyone had a great week! We're heading to Odessa to see Gran next weekend so I'm sure we'll come home with a few new sayings and plenty of pictures!

Much love,
WB

No comments:

Post a Comment