background

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Pulled Pork and Turtles!

I haven't had many food escapades these past two-weeks mostly because my brother cooked for us one weekend and we went out of town the next. I knew Nic could cook because while he was at school he would text me questions of how to do this or that and they were normally not the "easy" skill set. He invited us over last Sunday night for food and football.



Homemade pulled pork sandwiches and sweet potato fries! It was DELICIOUS!!!



Something about those Fogles....they SURE know how to COOK! YUM!

This past weekend we went to visit Gran and Aunt Kathy in Odessa. Chris had off Friday so we took advantage of a long weekend to make the drive. This is what we did all weekend.



haha well we did a little more than nap. We helped them bring in all their plants off the back porch. I cooked my homemade margherita pizza for them, we fed the turtles....oh, if you didn't know my Gran has 123 million turtles in her backyard and we have the pleasure of feeding and naming them when we come to visit. This is the "Chris" turtle...they have all sorts of names, "WhitneyNic", "X", "K", "#"...etc...


Sunday we went to Sunday school with Gran and then to lunch at Chris's favorite restaurant Mi Piaci!


This picture really does not show the spunky grandmother that we know...but it was the only one I got. By spunky I mean she says "put that in your pipe and smoke it" while watching the UT vs. OU game. I love her!!!

This week it's back to the grind...we have David and Mandy's wedding on Saturday and then I'm headed to Abilene Sunday to see Katie's play! Can't wait!!

Hope everyone week gets off to a great start!
WB

No comments:

Post a Comment