background

Sunday, September 26, 2010

Saturday Morning

On Saturday mornings when Chris has to work I enjoy sitting in bed with coffee, cook books, and Food Network on tv. Some of the shows bug me, some require WAY to many ingredients and time. My favorites are RR's 30 minute meals, Sandra Lee's Semi-homemade, 5 Ingredient Fix, and Healthy Appetite. This Saturday I caught part of Giada at Home. Giada is the most cute little host anyone has ever seen...but her recipes are COMPLICATED! Lots of ingredients and time! However, today "I found a short cut"...she says so I instantly tune in. A cheese and chocolate chip danish made with frozen puff pastry dough! YUMMM! I decided to attempt the same recipe with my own spin.


Mascarpone cheese with strawberries! First you add mascarpone cheese, cream cheese, vanilla, sugar, and lemon zest. Then add strawberries and combine.


Roll out puff pastry and cut into four squares.


Put your cheese mixture in bottom right corner and roll to opposite corner.


Bake at 400 degrees for 13-15 minutes until golden brown!


Of course mine did not turn out near as pretty as Giada's, but I'd say it was a good days work! I just stored them in the fridge and popped them into the oven for a few minutes before icing and eating!!!


Two Christmas's ago Paula, Chris's mom, got me a subscription to Cooking Light magazine. They have the most wonderful ideas and recipes. They also have great pairings of dishes with desserts and wines, a very good read! I got a new one in the mail on Friday just in time for the weekend. I was planning on making chicken spaghetti when I came across a white wine marinated steak recipe. This is made with chuck eye steak, but I could not find that so I got chuck tender steak (which is WAY less fat). This was probably the biggest hit of the weekend, along with another recipe I've been wanting to try, gorgonzola bacon twice baked potatoes!



We have A LOT of ground turkey at our house, so when the word "steak" is mentioned it's pretty much always a hit. :)

Well that's all for my exciting cooking adventure this weekend! Can't wait to see what this week brings!

Much Love,
WB

No comments:

Post a Comment