background

Friday, September 17, 2010

Cake Ball Adventure!!

So I decided to start my cake ball adventure a little earlier than planned. The G's are taking a big load of stuff to Abilene for me this weekend so I wanted make something awesome for them as a thank you. Whit K gave me this recipe last weekend after the DIVINE chocolate cake balls she brought to dinner so I switched up the recipe to make strawberry with vanilla.

Recipe:
1 cake mix - made normally in 13x9 pan
1 16oz tub of icing of your choice
1 package of almond bark of your choice (I didn't use the whole package)

First you make the cake as normal and bake it in a 13x9 pan.

Then crumble cake (while still hot) into a large mixing bowl with the tub of icing and stir to combine.
Refridgerate for 1-3 hours, the longer the better. Then roll out cake balls by hand (you can use a melon baller, cookie scoop, or teaspoon to make sure they are all the same size) and place on wax paper for icing.

Heat almond bark in glass microwave safe bowle in 30 second intervals until thin enough to spoon over top. *Next time I might try the stove top becuase mine was still a little gooey.
Then ICE!
Mine didn't turn out quite as pretty as Whit's but they still were delicious!! Enjoy G's and thanks again!!!

TGIF!!!!!
WB

No comments:

Post a Comment