background

Monday, September 20, 2010

That's no fish story...

Friday the Medical Center of Plano threw their employees a tent party! We placed top 10 (HCA wide) in the employee satisfaction survey. When I say tent party I mean air conditioned, tiki hut, non-alcoholic margaritas...the whole 9 yards. We even got a rolling cooler with speakers in the lid...awesome!!! The food was phenomenal so of course our whole accounting department stuffed our faces with all sorts of Caribbean style food.

Chris was off so when I talked to him after lunch I told him what a superb time we had and how completely stuffed I was. His tone suddenly changed when I said "We can have whatever you want for dinner because I'm not going to be hungry until tomorrow!"

I left work and headed to the grocery store to pick up some things for a brunch we were hosting on Saturday morning. When I came in this is what I saw.....
My sweet husband in the kitchen cooking me dinner! Not just any dinner...Orange Roughy and scallops with a corn relish!
Asparagus with a balsamic drip...
On top of Rice Pilaf!!! Talk about an aggressive recipe, I would have been totally intimidated! I think I'll let him take on cooking a few nights a week :) .

Saturday we had the cousins over for brunch. We try to get together every few months to keep up with what is going on with everyone. I didn't take any pictures of the food but everyone brought something, so we inhaled breakfast casserole, monkey bread, fruit, pigs in a blanket, mimosas, coffee....you name it!

Saturday night we went over to the Alexander's for a cookout! We had so much fun hanging out with old friends...too bad the game was a total downer! But I got a new dip recipe from Lex that I will def share once I attempt to make it myself. Thanks Lexi!!

Sunday morning we woke up and had coffee in bed and I decided to use the left over crescent rolls Elizabeth left for cinnamon rolls.
This is one of my dad's recipes...my FAVORITE! Yay for breakfast in bed!!! :)

Is it sad that I'm already counting down the days to the weekend?? At least Monday is OVER!!

Much Love,
WB

No comments:

Post a Comment