background

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

My Favorite Possession

One of my favorite possessions is my grandmother's cookbook. My Aunt Janice compiled our old family recipes and a few new ones to create a cookbook for the Fogle women. My grandmother was a FABULOUS cook and I enjoy cooking all her favorite recipes.
The best part is I got MomMom's old copy so if I plant my nose in the binder in the middle of the pages...I can still smell her!

"Ruth Wooten Cake" is my dad's favorite, he used to help MomMoms make it when he was a kid, it is the most divine chocolate cake with chocolate icing anyone ever tasted!
This cake is normally made in a 13x9 pan. Since we were taking this as dessert to a friend's house I decided to jazz it up and make it pretty. I cooked the cake in two 9 inch rounds and then stacked and iced them just like all my other cakes. It turned out to be the UGLIEST cake I've ever made!
MomMom's....you knew what you were doing. At least it still tasted AWESOME and Tim and Becky loved it!

We were so excited on Saturday because we got to see Gran!! We all got together to celebrate Nic's graduation, so we met in Abilene for lunch at LL&C.
She is the most wonderful hilarious grandmother any kid ever had! All of us enjoy spending time with her because we get to learn a new language..."what's that do-hiki over there?" "You gotta get a little who-who" ...you get the picture. I wish we lived closer so we could spend more time with her, but we sure do cherish every minute we get. We even go to see Aunt Pam and the cousins, plus a new one on the way!
Gran and her grand kids! We missed you Elizabeth, Uncle Dennis and Aunt Kathy!

Well I have to end my post with a new dish (perhaps I'll just turn this into a cooking blog!). Thanks to my best friend Leanna (who is an amazing cook!) I attempted my first Magherita Pizza. The best part was that we had left over pesto from stuffed bread so we added that on top of the tomatoes...let me tell you this is my absolute favorite new dish!
Before we cooked it....
Final product!!!!!
Yum!!!

Well Chris has to work this weekend, so I'm sure I'll be blogging again very soon! Many blessing to you and the rest of your week!

Much Love,
WB

No comments:

Post a Comment